Monday, May 30, 2011

Tears of... what exactly?

I deleted my Facebook account. Wow what a feeling. I've noticed lately that every spare moment I get that I'm not "doing something" I'm on Facebook. It's kind of embarrassing thus resulting in the temporary deactivation of my account. What am I going to do with myself? I think I'm going to take up knitting a little more seriously, maybe read a book or 20, I could even make some jewelry with all the bits and pieces I've received/purchased. I'm really excited, to be quite frank, that I no longer have this "addiction" I like to call it. Now instead of watching other people live their lives, I'm going to live my own! What a concept.

With that side note out of the way, I want to discuss a movie I saw tonight. This movie was "Kung Fu Panda II." So let's talk, what does it mean if a person cries in movies and no one else does? I like to think it means they have a heart. Or does it mean they are oversensitive? Yes this movie was animated and yes the characters are fictional, so? They fictionally have feelings, they fictionally have lives, they FICTIONALLY want to settle down with someone and have their wife eat their head. It's interesting that people can become so involved in a movie that it stimulates the human body, reacting in tears/anger/laughter/etc. I have no idea where I am going with this, I just thought it was interesting. What makes one person more emotionally responsive than another? (and okay yes, I did cry). Moving on, I looked up  "oversensitive" online and this is what it had to say: oversensitive [ˌəʊvəˈsɛnsɪtɪv] adj. excessively responsive to or aware of feelings, reactions, etc. So is this a bad thing? Is it wrong to be responsive or aware of one's feelings? Just a thought. Who knew Kung Fu Panda could put a person into such a stupor?

1 comment: