Monday, May 30, 2011

Widget.

For the LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGEEEEESSSSSTTTTT (LONGEST) time I didn't know what a Widget was. I love that word. For those of you that don't know what a "widget" is...
 widget |ˈwijit|
noun informala small gadget or mechanical device, esp. one whose name is unknown or unspecified.

Random fact about me #1
I can't stand even numbers, unless they end in 0. I can't stand them to the extent that I never set the time for a party unless it's an odd number (keep in mind the 0 rule). Evens have always bothered me. For running, when I race if my bib number has an 8 or a 4 (heaven forbid) it's an automatic disadvantage for me. (Not really but mentally it's disappointing). Notice that there are exactly 5 of each letter in "longest" (I counted).

Random fact about me #2
I love the Thesaurus. It is a marvelous tool and I use it whenever I can. I also like the Dictionary, but the thesaurus more because it sounds like a type of dinosaur. I really like dinosaurs, for two reasons actually. The first being because I know three people specifically that had literal obsessions with dinosaurs, to the extent that they would "act" like the extinct creatures. Incredibly amusing and disturbing at times. The second being the fact that I am very fond of the movie Jurassic Park. Velociraptors are cool. Smart like a dog, but usually your dog won't eat you.

3 comments:

  1. Jurassic Park marathon? I think so. Contact me soon.
    Kudos to getting rid of your Facebook account. I've never really had the desire to, but if I do, I'll probably do it right away because it sounds like it's worth it. Claire is in the process of deciding whether or not to delete hers. Maybe you can give her a push. Or maybe I'll send your last post to her. Yeah, that... goodbye knitting buddy.
    -rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. our Jurassic Park marathon was the best! And I totally agree with you on even numbers. I only like odd numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jurassic Park is my super favorite. I think I'm going to read the books. Carmy, we need to have a HARRY POTTER Marathon, especially since the seventh and final part comes out July 15th! It's kind of cool having it gone, now I can just blog. :) Kait, even numbers are awful. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete