Thursday, June 16, 2011

"It's Canyon Time."

Wind in my hair, and sun on my face.
I dare say this is a beautiful, beautiful place.
Wheeling cross the ground in a rapid affair,
I feel the ground crunch with a groan of despair.
The trees, a lush green and wild flowers, blooming,
and dog poop in abundance is always looming. :)

Where am I?

It's a place that I love to be whenever I can as of recently. (By recently I mean summer) It's the Provo Canyon River Trail. Otherwise known as the Provo Parkway Trail. I'm also kind of a roller blading addict. I've always loved it, but since I can't seem to get my body (specifically my right foot/shin) healthy, roller blading has been that nice medium. Running is too much impact and causes stress into my shins, but blading is just a nice smooth movement that works your legs out really good. "Yeah, buns and thighs." (Shout out to Carmen). I can't seem to get enough blading. I'm proud to say I'm getting pretty good. Today I bladed from the mouth of the canyon to Bridal-veil Falls. It was a good long ride, but was well worth it considering Elliott and my Mama were riding along with me...on bikes. I can do a rounded turn into a backwards roll. (if that even makes sense.) Ask me to demonstrate sometime, I'd love to show you because for me this is a major feat.


No comments:

Post a Comment